Thursday, September 19, 2013

My First Adventure

  Hi my name's Ruth. I love horses.
I work at a horse  ranch with my older brother.
 I also take horse riding lessons.


I also like to read
and write. I am writing some books.
and I play recorder. I like to paint with watercolor


Each blog I do I am going to add a story or an adventure of when I am at the ranch like the first time I fell off a horse. Or when I helped a puppy get out from under a house and other little adventures.

When I first started my riding lessons I was not working at the ranch but my brother was working there. I was about to ride with some friends. I finished saddling my horse and hopped on. Then we rode out to the field. When we went out to the field my friends were talking together. I was in the back listening. We went on the trails. After a while we saw a baby goat (there's goats and cows at the ranch too) in the wrong pasture. The others that were with me got off their horses and they were thinking of carrying it on a horse. When they touched the goat to the horse, the horse did not like it and kicked. All of our horses started to run but they didn't run very far. We could not take the goat on our horses. My friends were talking about
how if a goat stayed in this pasture a coyote might eat him. I did not want that to happen but they told me to make the goat run away. I tried a little.

"May he follow us?" I asked.

"Our horses would get spooked," she told me. I tried again but I did not want to leave it.
 "He can follow your horse just don't come to close to our horses," she told me.

 I slowly rode home with the kid behind me. They were way ahead of me. My horse was starting to panic because no horse likes to get left behind. I told the other two that my horse wanted to catch up and they let me catch up. The goat followed us to the pasture he was suppose to be in. Then we went back to the barn.

I was so glad I could save the goat. Maybe in the next blog I will tell how I saved a puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment